Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Don't be lazy


Laziness can vary in meaning for different people. What you consider laziness might not necessarily be same for me. However, I always say that it is only a lazy person that will let go of a means to labor profitably. Even the Bible addresses this issue extensively and we cannot run out of verses in the Bible where laziness is condemned. In fact, the book of Proverbs is my go to part of the Bible whenever I am discussing about laziness and the profits of labor.  



Quite a number of people ask me if I ever get tired, a friend of mine even calls me “the merry maid” because he feels I work endlessly. I must confess though, that I have not always been this way, some years back, I bet nobody would have called me hardworking although I wasn’t very lazy. But all that has changed now, I can proudly say of myself that I am a diligent individual who works with enthusiasm.

It really baffles me when I see people being lazy, Just like Jules Renard, I wonder why or how anyone would form a habit of resting before s/he gets tired? I mean, I have not met anybody that told me s/he wants to be a failure but I have met so many people who do not want to pay the price that their successful mentors/heroes had to pay. It is even written in the book of Proverbs 13: 4 that “The sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied” and Proverbs 12: 24 states that “Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in slave labor” (12:24).


Someone once told me that “The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it”, why then would anyone misuse it by being lazy? I also know that God is not lazy, He worked for six days out of seven when He was creating the world and all that is in it and He is continually working, every moment of the day. So if the God of the whole world is not lazy why would anyone be? After all, “no servant is greater than his master” John 13: 16

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome; Now i have to get back to work, or else .Truly inspirational.

Unknown said...

It's a disease of critics that once they've labeled someone, it's very hard to change their perspective. It's laziness.

Michael Haneke