Monday, November 7, 2016

Trust and wait on God

Worrying is a common temptation in life and hard as I try, I still find myself struggling with this characteristic which is meant to be found in faithless people. The big question is why do we worry so much when God is there listening?
Today, God wants me to remind you that all you have to do is trust, even if it seems like things won't work out, reach for it anyway and God, the way he always does, will do the rest.

I once read that "when you know Whose you are, you'll begin to understand who you are, what you're supposed to do, and where you're supposed to be. Jeremiah 29: 10 - 11 says: This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. It is also written in Matthew 21: 22 that "And all things, whatsoever ye ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive"

So, I urge you to never forget that God has good plans for us and expect that He will answer your prayers because waiting on God is never a waste of time. In fact, it is time well invested in your life. It keeps you focused on God and living in light of eternity therefore, wait expectantly on God.
However, one reason you may not hear God speak to you is that you don't wait long enough. Someone once said "Hurry is the death of prayer". Understand that God wants you to care enough to listen and be patient.

Remember to:
  • Wait quietly -- “I wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him.” (Psalm 62: 5 NLT)
  • Wait patiently -- “Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act.” (Psalm 37: 7 NLT)
  • Wait expectantly -- “I wait expectantly, trusting God to help, for He has promised.” (Psalm 105: 5 LB) 
Stop allowing your eyes, feelings and emotions to contradict the Lord's supernatural ability to do absolutely anything (Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me? Jeremiah 32: 27).
Trust and wait on God, and never lose confidence that He will show up!

4 comments:

Bobo! said...

Thanks for coming back. Timely message too.

alldatmatas said...

You're welcome Bobo. I apologize for the long absence

Gods own said...

Tks for coming back with your words of encouragement

Anonymous said...

Good read