Thursday, December 8, 2016

God promises predates our problems

I'd like to share my testimony with you as the year draws to an end. I hope it encourages you. 
4 years ago, I blogged about having some unanswered prayers and how I believed that if we continue to pray, persevere and wait, someday we will look back and realize that the answers to our prayers came at the very right time because God always shows up on time (read it here "Unanswered prayers"). Today, I testify to the fact that God has answered those prayer requests of mine, in fact, He did exceedingly abundantly above all that I asked. 



As you know, I like to keep it real so I'm not going to make it sound like it was a walk in the park, it was far from that, in fact, there were days that I felt God had too much confidence in me for Him to trust me with such journey 😄 I cried, prayed, hoped, became restless and almost gave up hope but God kept me through it. 
From my experience, I can confidently tell you that if your promise is from God, He will surely fulfill it, so keep holding on to Him, after all, the Bible says that He always fulfills His promises of unfailing love to those who love Him and keep His commands (Daniel 9: 4).

While I was going through my storms and season of waiting, people (mostly Christians) had all sorts of views and opinions which some of them shared with me, I was told things like "maybe it's not for you", "perhaps you didn't hear from God", "you need deliverance" etc. but I chose to believe that someday, God will arise and have compassion on me, that the appointed time to show favor to me will come (Psalm 102: 13) and as surely as the Lord lives, my time came, I received answers to my prayers with some very yummy icing on it. Someone was talking about me the other day and said, "oh, she has become a testimony, in fact, she should change her name to testimony". That confirmed to me that God never forgets His plans neither does He forsake His promises, even when life is tough and things don't make sense, He is in control and working things out.  
My message to you as 2016 ends is: never forget that Gods promises predates your problems, when it seems like God has refused to answer your prayers, don't despair, instead, "Remember the things I have done in the past. For I alone am God! I am God and there is none like me" Isaiah 46: 9, Encourage yourself, Remind God of His promises like Nehemiah did (Nehemiah 1: 8 - 11), not because He has forgotten but because it'll help you remember what He promised you, Pray specific prayers, that way you'll know when you receive the answers and most importantly, Expect God to answer (Psalm 105: 5; 1 John 5: 14 - 15).  

We must be careful however, that our expectations of God are not like that of having a genie who will hand everything we want to us, nothing could be further from the truth, we have to be mature enough in our walk with Christ to know that some prayers don't get answered or better still, may I say God's answer to some prayers are No, not because He isn't able to do everything (God thunders marvelously with His voice; He does great things which we cannot comprehend. Job 37:5; and "I am the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? Jeremiah 32: 27), but because He is in control and as His children, we must trust His wisdom and His goodness. we also need to ask God to help us recognize the answer to our prayers when they come because the answer might not look like what we've been praying for (remember the children of Isreal in Numbers 14?), we might be disappointed by God's answer to our prayers but remember, God is able to save by many or by a few, so whatever answer He sends is sufficient to deliver us. 

In the few days left in 2016 and the years to come, I want to ask that we be like Eliphaz, Job's friend who said “But as for me, I would seek God, And to God I would commit my cause — Who does great things, and unsearchable, Marvelous things without number (Job 5: 8 - 9) and never forget that "He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end" (Ecclesiastes 3:11). God always does things right and He's always on time, Isaiah 46: 11b says "yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it".

Stay Hopeful!


No comments: