Thursday, January 31, 2013

I Love You

It's the last day in January already and I'm still asking myself "where did the month go?". 2013 is running rather fast! We thank God for bringing us thus far, knowing that He won't forsake us for His love endures forever.

As we approach February, "the month of love", God laid it in my heart to share this with you. 

I have decided not to take little things for granted anymore and this has helped me in my relationship with God. I have learnt to appreciate God better for all those "simple" things that we humans take for granted.

Do you know how awesome it feels when a child walks up to you, gives you a big hug and tells you "I Love You" for no particular reason? I got that the other day and I find myself reminiscing about that and some other similar events lately. It is such a great feeling to know you are loved, not for what you have but for who you are to people. I was thinking about that great hug, smiling to myself when it hit me....would it not gladden God's heart if I tell Him how much I love and appreciate Him more? 

As a popular saying "one of the greatest feelings is to love and be loved". I believe God would love it if instead of remembering Him only when we are in need or in trouble, we take time to just tell Him how much we love Him. Infact, I feel we owe it to Him, afterall, He loved us first. (1 John 4:19); least we could do is love Him in return. I ask that you make it a point of duty to tell Him daily how much you love Him. Let your love for God reflect in your words, thoughts and deeds. In this coming month of love, obey the first and greatest commandment "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind" Matthew 22: 37 - 38 and be sure to tell Him too. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog. It's simplicity is what makes it powerful

Anonymous said...

I love you God and i love this blogger so much

Anonymous said...

I thank God for your life. How wonderful it is for you to use your blog to remain us all of the little things that we take for granted in life.