Saturday, February 9, 2013

God does exist

I had the intention of blogging about something entirely different this weekend but as the Bible says "A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps". Proverbs 16 :9. So here we are, with todays post.
 
Like you probably know by now, I relate things that happen around me to my walk with Christ. The blizzard weather condition that has been on the news for a few days got me wondering once again and I asked myself the same question that I can't seem to get an answer to; how can any one say there is no God?

Just looking out of the window, seeing those snowflakes fall made me just worship God for His greatness. I don't know how else to explain such things but to acknowledge His Lordship. I can't help but praise Him for "He alone is the LORD. He made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. He gives life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship Him" Nehemiah 9: 6, "For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him" Colossians 1: 16,  "In the beginning He laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of His hands" Psalm 102: 25, "Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made" John 1: 3 and He even said to prophet Isaiah "It is I who made the earth and created mankind upon it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts" Isaiah 45: 12.
 
I know some people do not believe in the Bible, some would even argue that these words are written by mere men, but like my pastor would say "don't ask me about other religions or what other people believe or don't believe, I can only speak about what and whom I believe in and that is Christ". My Bible also tells me that "All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right" 2 Timothy 3: 16 and also that "no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation" 2 Peter 1: 20.

So I say to you this morning as you most most likely have heard time and over again that God does exist and it is only "a fool that says in his heart  'there is no God" just as it is written in Psalm 14: 1 and Psalm 53: 1

P.S: Did you ever notice that Psalm 14 and 53 are the same? That is a discussion for another day. So stay tuned.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To God be the glory. For those of us fortunate enough to witness the storm & it's beauty, yes it's beauty, you cannot but praise god.

Anonymous said...

Amazing works of God.

Anonymous said...

Ayo you are so right.....Psalms 150:6 says let everything that has breath praise ye the Lord, if we dont the rocks will cry out and I do not want any rocks crying out for me....Praise you father God you are so worthy!!!

Dupe said...

He is the Almighty and nothing can be compared with Him. The Ever Present God.