Sunday, March 31, 2013

Blessed by the best, with the best

Happy Easter to you all,

To me, this is the most important celebration for we Christians because Christ's death and resurrection is the basis of Christianity. Paul said while he was preaching that "If Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is our faith" and also that "If Christ has not been raised, the Christian faith is futile; we are still in our sins. Then those who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. If only for this life we have hoped in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied. But Christ had indeed been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep". 1 Corinthians 15: 14, 17 - 20. 

I must confess, since I started this blog, I have become aware more than ever of how blessed I am. A sister of mine told me a few years back, when I had it really rough to "stop focusing on my problems and ask God to help me bless other people", she told me that in doing that, I would realize how much blessings God bestows on me. Truth is, it wasn't so easy to do that but, since I surrendered to God and started this 'little ministry', it has been nothing but blessings. Just knowing that people do actually get blessed (read a few of the messages I've received from readers here) by reading my posts gives me great joy. 

This morning, right after I thanked God for dying in my place and for the gift of salvation, I decided to go through some of the pictures on my phone (I had plenty of time before church service). Those picture made me smile, laugh and I even shed a few tears. I remember that a few months ago, I blogged about my unanswered prayers (read it here), I can happily say to you that God has done more than answer those prayers, those pictures of mine made me realize that He has given me exceeding, abundantly more than I could ever ask or think. I have received much more than I deserve from my Lord and Savior. 

First, He gave me the very best gift, His only begotten Son Jesus Christ John 3: 16 and “He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” 2 Corinthians 5: 21 then “He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification” Romans 4: 25. But the great thing is, the blessings don’t stop there, to the glory of God, I have all that I need to live a happy life (the best family, Godly friends, divine health, the power to get wealth and more). Let me simply put it this way, because of Christ’s death and resurrection, I have the very best of everything and I pray for grace to continually be a blessing to others. I also pray for you my dear readers, that by the virtue of this Easter Celebration, you will grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ 2 Peter 3: 18 so that you may realize that the moment you surrender your life to him, you become blessed by the very best Giver with the very best gift ever.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for Jesus

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this beautiful reminder of gods continued grace in our lives in spite of ourselves. Every time we look back we know god is always faithful. Remain blessed and continue to be a blessing to others

Anonymous said...

I really thank God for using you to remind us the importance of Easter, without which christainity will have been misrable. God bless you, keep you and may you continue to be a blessing and a eye opener to people of this weaked generation.
Thank you

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to u!!! U r indeed a blessing and a very useful instrument in Gods hand..... Our social media evangelist....I bless God for ur life......

Anonymous said...

Hey sis;-).....You are truly a God send and I am so greatful to have met you,these blogs mean alot to me and they are a blessing each time keep letting Our Father use you because nothing but great things will come out of it!!! Luv ya bunches!!!

alldatmatas said...

Thanks to you all for your encouraging comments...May we continue to enjoy God's blessings